Friday 21 September 2007

Switching genres

I write mainly contemporary, although I'm having a little sojourn into the world of the paranormal at the moment - it didn't start out that way, but something went bump in the night right in the middle of chapter two and things just went from there.

As a reader, and writer, I'll try anything ... except historical. For some reason it worries me, probably because I'm a bit daunted by all that research the author has to do and get right. I'm in awe of those people who write historical. So, it was with more than a little trepidation I approached the covers of Anna Campbell's Claiming the Courtesan following a friend's recommendation. All I can say is, Wow! It was fantastic. But what's even more amazing is that it's inspired me to have a go at an historical myself, or at least think about it.

No comments: